workshops: line and color
This workshop proposes an approach and study of the Pastel technique. Halfway between drawing and painting, this discipline introduces us quickly and directly into the field of color and composition. It belongs to the group of the dry techniques, of simple and very versatile handling, and that allows us to obtain works of very diverse character and expression, depending on the handling that we make of it.
Pastel painting has a fascinating history and is the source of many unique, moving and beautiful works of art and has been employed by some of the most famous artists of all time.
Days of the week: Tuesday
Schedule: from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Access conditions: None for the 1st course
Duration: School year from September to June
- Historical introduction.
- Knowledge of working tools, pastels and their different hardnesses, and their manufacture.
- Substrates, paper types, working styles, fixing...
- Lace, composition.
- The color palette. Color theory. Harmonic ranges-contrast.
- Balance in the use of black and white.
- Working processes: blurring, screening, dragging....
Expressive qualities of the technique according to its use. Mixed techniques.